The work will consist of supporting the management team for the Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platform. The project coordinator is inno TSD. The client is the joint secretariat of Interreg Europe (JS). The project is part of a framework contract with a duration of 7 years (started in 2017). The Assistant/Junior Project Consultant will work under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Thematic Manager and the Communication Manager.
The Policy Learning Platform
The aim of the PLP is to make the Interreg Europe projects knowledge accessible and usable by other regions and to offer networking, knowledge sharing and policy learning opportunities to any interested region even without being partner in a project. The Policy Learning Platform is therefore a hub of information and services to facilitate continuous learning mainly among local and regional public authorities in Europe where they can find solutions to improve the way they manage and implement their public policies.
The Junior Project Consultant is supporting the Project Manager, the Thematic Manager and the Communication Manager with their tasks. In particular, the Junior Project Consultant:
- Is supporting the Project Manager with her/his tasks concerning overall management, quality assurance and evaluation:
- Interim and annual reporting (e.g. following the deadlines, gathering the different inputs from the consortium partners, drafting management part of the report) with focus on financial reporting (e.g. monitoring of expenses, maintenance of the events participation follow-up table, support in preparing the price list)
- Support on contractual issues (e.g. preparation of the contracts made between inno TSD and subcontractors)
- Preparation and follow-up of the coordination meetings (internal weekly coordination meetings and JS-PLP coordination meetings)
- Administrative tasks (e.g. preparation and update of all necessary coordination templates/tools, business cards, access rights, update and follow-up of the implementation manual etc.)
- Is supporting the Thematic Manager with her/his tasks concerning the ‘Capitalisation’ analysis of Interreg Europe projects results
- Support with pre and post organisation of online events (e.g. webinars)
- Support with the organisation of the peer reviews
- Is supporting the Communication Manager with her/his tasks concerning the promotion and communication of the platform
- Support with the organisation of events (e.g. annual networking event, thematic workshops)
- Make links with the Web and Community Manager for inserting publications and news
- Archive of photographs, videos and all materials collected during events
- University degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of European Territorial Cooperation programmes appreciated
- Experience in (European) projects management appreciated
- Fluency in English and French; other languages appreciated;
- Outstanding organisational skills, accuracy, numeracy and assertiveness
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Office and database software)
- Capacity to work in an international environment
- Ability to juggle different tasks at the same time and to respect deadlines
- Independence, but good team working abilities
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to anticipate, propose and implement solutions
Location The person should be located full time at the Interreg Europe Joint Secretariat, Les Arcuriales – 45, rue de Tournai, entrée D, 59000 Lille, France.
Terms of employment The position is based on a contract under French law. The contract will have a limited duration of eight months (CDD in French law) that could be extended as an unlimited duration (CDI in French law) in case the annual contract between inno TSD and the JS is renewed. The assignment will start as soon as possible in July 2018.
Remuneration package The gross salary is expected to be 27K€ - 30K€ a year on the basis of the full-time job (typically 35 hours per week).
Applications All applications should be submitted in English and include the documents below:
- a motivation letter highlighting the main reasons for applying to the position
- a Curriculum Vitae in standardised Europass format (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae/templatesinstructions)
This documentation will form the basis of the initial stage of candidate assessment.
The applications are to be sent by e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org; please indicate in the subject line: “your name - position of PLP Assistant/Junior Project Consultant”
Closing date for applications: 20th of June 2018
Candidates are invited to provide an easy way to contact them (mobile phone or landline) before and after the interview.